Come and join us for a day of remembrance. During the day you will discover this part of the Western Front where hundreds of thousands of soldiers from all over the world fought between 1914 and 1918. By the time the last shells fell on Ypres in October 1918, the Salient had claimed 185,000 Commonwealth lives.
You will explore the Ypres Salient and its major sites (memorials, cemeteries and traces of battles): John McRae’s Essex Farm dressing station; Langemark German cemetery, the Canadian Memorial at Vancouver Corner, Tyne Cot cemetery in Passchendaele and the 5th Australian Division Memorial at Polygon Wood.
You will also be able to walk the moonscape of the Hill 60 battlefield and see dozens of memorials to British, Australian and Canadian regiments. Finish off the day with some free time in Ypres itself, with the opportunity to visit St. George’s Chapel and the Menin Gate.
- John McRae’s Essex Farm dressing station
- Tyne Cot cemetery in Passchendaele
- 5th Australian Division Memorial at Polygon Wood
- walk the moonscape of the Hill 60 battlefield
- Visit St. George’s Chapel and the Menin Gate
The price includes:
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off at Central Paris Hotels
- Guided tour of famous sites
- Free Time in Ypres
- Transport by Air-Conditioned Vehicle
The price does not includes:
- Entrance to Museums
- Optional gratuities