Paris, France! With other 800 years of fine cuisine, the word alone conjures up images of crusty baguettes, succulent salamis, fresh cheeses and out of this world pastries. As you stroll the famous Saint Germain district, your professional, local guide will bring to life the history of fine French dining and give you the opportunity to savor the flavors which have made France one of the most celebrated gastronomic countries in the world.
You will meet your guide outside the church of Saint Germain, one of the most historical churches in Paris . From there you will explore the old, twisting streets of this historic neighborhood, where Paris' chicest cafés and designer brands radiate an aura of sophistication and pure culture. Your walk will begin with an introduction into the of French cuisine. From there your guide will introduce you to some of our favorite and world renowned, bakeries, chocolate masters, cheese stores, wine merchants and conserve boutiques. Here you will have the chance to taste a selection of sweet and savory delicacies including award winning croissants, baguettes, cheese, cured meats and candies.
Along the way, enjoy the experience of sharing favorite recipes, tried and tested cooking methods and your guide will even tell you the secret French shopping hacks for getting the best quality produce, which only locals would know. This visit will give you a sensory experience which will give you an absolute appreciation for French gastronomy. Your tour will end at the historic Market of Saint Germain, the oldest indoor market in the city, with a heritage of over 400 years. With its stalls laden with fresh fruits and vegetables, it is a veritable temple to French cuisine.
- Visit the beautiful church of Saint Germain
- Tasting at least 5 products from award winning producers.
- Introduction into French Gastronomy
- Wine tasting (for adults only)
- Professional local guide
- At least 5 tastings
- visiting award winning producers
- 2h guided visit of Saint Germain
- Small, intimate group (8 people max)
- Purchases outside of group tasting
- Hotel Pick-up
- Lunch stop.
- This tour is a general introduction into French cuisine. For clients with any dietary restrictions please inform us before hand. All the products that we try are made in manufactures where there is diverse production therefore we cannot guarantee that any products do not contain traces of nuts, dairy, gluten and other non specified allergens, unless specifically stated.
Please be aware that under French law it is prohibited to offer any food tours to clients who have such a severe allergy that they require an epi-pen in the case of a reaction. For clients to choose to undertake the tour knowing they have an allergy, your local provider is not liable in the case of an allergic reaction.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing.
- Tours are conducted in all weathers.
Departure Point: In front of the Church Saint Germain-Des-Près, 75006, Paris, France.
- Please arrive at the departure point at least 10 minutes before your tour is scheduled to start.
- For late comers or last minute cancellations (Under 24h) no refund will be given.