Whenever you think about French Cuisine, visions abound of crusty baguettes, steam rising from croissants, fresh goats cheeses and pastries too beautiful to eat. With this walking, food tour of the eclectic Marais, your professional, local guide will bring to life the history of fine French dining, whilst giving you the opportunity to experience the flavors which have made France one of the world's most celebrated gastronomic nations.
You will meet your guide at the statue of Beaumarchais (8, rue Saint Antoine, 75004 Paris). From there you will explore the old, narrow, winding roads of the historic Marais neighborhood, which, in recent years has become a must visit for foodies coming to Paris.
The visit will begin with an introduction into French cuisine. From there your guide will introduce you to some of our favorite and world renowned, bakeries, chocolate masters, cheese stores, wine merchants and fine food boutiques. Here you will have the chance to taste a selection of sweet and savory delicacies including award winning croissants, baguettes, cheese, sea food, cream puffs, patés and much more.
Along the way, your group can enjoy the experience of sharing your favorite recipes, kitchen secrets, culinary techniques and your guide will even tell you the secret French shopping hacks for getting the best quality produce, which only real locals would know. This visit will give you a sensory experience which will give you an absolute appreciation for French gastronomy.
Your tour will end at the famous Place de la Bastille, outside Bolfinger, one of the City's most respected gastronomic institutions, with over 150 years of fine dining, and beautiful Belle Epoque architecture which has inspired visitors for more than a century.
- Tasting at least 5 products from award winning producers.
- Introduction into French Gastronomy
- Wine tasting (18 and over only)
- Professional local guide
- At least 5 tastings
- Visiting award winning producers
- 2h guided visit of The Marais
- Small, intimate group (6 people max)
- Purchases outside of group tasting
- Hotel Pick-up
- Lunch stop.
- This tour is a general introduction into French cuisine. For clients with any dietary restrictions please inform us before hand. All the products that we try are made in manufactures where there is diverse production therefore we cannot guarantee that any products do not contain traces of nuts, dairy, gluten and other non specified allergens, unless specifically stated.
- Please be aware that under French law it is prohibited to offer any food tours to clients who have such a severe allergy that they require an epi-pen in the case of a reaction. For clients to choose to undertake the tour knowing they have an allergy, your local provider is not liable in the case of an allergic reaction.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing.
- Tours are conducted in all weathers.
- Meeting point at the Statue of Beaumarchais, 8 rue Saint Antoine, 75004 Paris, France.
- Please arrive at the departure point at least 10 minutes before your tour is scheduled to start.
- For late comers or last minute cancellations (Under 24h) no refund will be given.