This day trip will lead you from Paris to the edge of Normandy, where you will first visit the idyllic home of Claude Monet. Our expert guide will pick you up and drop you off at your Parisian accommodation, so you can sit back, relax and make the most of your day.
The leader of the Impressionist School lived here from 1883 to 1926, the colourful décor and pink brick facade are an intimate reminder of its former life. The precious collection of Japanese engravings is displayed in several rooms, hung in the marmer chosen by the master of Giverny himself. Claude Monet’s property at Giverny, left by his son to the Académie des Beaux-arts in 1966, has, after completion of large scale restoration work, become the Claude Monet Foundation, inaugurated in 1980. The huge Nymphéas studio, a stone’s throw from the house, has also been restored and contains the Foundation’s Shop.
The gardens have been replanted as they once were and offer visitors the “painting from nature” which Claude Monet’s contemporaries considered to be one of his masterpieces. The rectangular Clos Normand, with archways of climbing plants entwined around brilliantly coloured shrubs, lies before the house and studios, offering from Spring to Autumn the palette of varying colours to the painter-gardner who was “ecstatic about flowers”. Lastly, the Water Garden, formed by a tributary of the Epte, lies further away, shaded by weeping willows. With its famous Japanese Bridge, its wistarias, azaleas and its pond, it has once more become that casket of sky and water which inspired the pictorial universe of the water lilies.
- Small-group tour to provide a more intimate experience
- Wander around the Impressionist painter’s former home
- Visit the gardens to see beautiful sights where some of Monet’s inspiration came from
The price includes:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned Minibus
- Entrance fee to Claude Monet's Home
The price does not includes:
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Guide in Monet's Home and Gardens
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
COVID-19: Preventive Measures Implemented
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Paris (hotel or private apartment)