You will be transported back to the Golden Age of France with a trip to the Palace of Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and emblem of French royalty and extravagance. You will be guaranteed fast-track entry, allowing you to jump the queue and travel in comfort on one of our fully air-conditioned coaches. You will marvel at the breathtaking royal chateau, transformed by the ‘Sun King’ Louis XIV in the 1660s from a hunting lodge. Playground of the French monarchs, Versailles was the centre of royal and political power until the French Revolution in 1789 which saw Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette forced to return to the capital.
Your audio guide will enable you to discover the State apartments of the King and Queen, the Royal Chapel and Hall of Mirrors, the epitome of French opulence: three hundred and fifty-seven mirrors line the gold-adorned hall and crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling.
You will also be given time to explore the manicured gardens “à la française”, which mirrors the splendor of the interior. Designed by the French landscaper André Le Nôtre in 1661 for the King Louis XIV, the 2,000-acre park is an architectural expanse of perspectives, parterres, fountains and groves that since its inception has defined what a French garden should be.
The "Musical Gardens" show takes place on:
- Tuesdays from April 7th 2020 through to May 12th 2020, as well as Tuesdays from June 30th through to October 27th 2020 (EXCEPT Tuesday July 14th 2020). Fridays from April 3rd through October 30th 2020 (EXCEPT Friday, April 10th 2020 and Friday May 8th 2020). During that period, the access to the gardens will also be included to enjoy the show.
The "Musical Fountains" show takes place on:
- Saturdays and Sundays from April 4th 2020 through November 1st 2020, as well as some Public Holidays (May 8th, May 21th, July 14th 2020) + Friday, April 10th 2020 and Tuesdays from May 19th through June 23rd 2020. During that period, the access to the gardens will also be included to see the fountains and groves spring to life to the rhythm of the music.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Excellent value for money
- Skip the line
The price includes:
- Transport to and from Paris by air-conditioned coach
- Hostess in coach
- Skip the line entrance into the Palace (Hall of Mirrors, Queen's Apartment, State Apartments)
- Individual audio guide in the palace available in: English, French,
German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Polish
and Mandarin Chinese
- "Musical Gardens" and "Fountain Show" included on selected dates.
The price does not includes:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Paris TRIP Store - 41, Avenue de la Bourdonnais 75007 PARIS
- Please arrive at the meet up location at least 15 minutes prior to the trip departure time.
For latecomers, the tour will not be canceled and no refunds will be issued