As one of the largest, french châteaux, this impressive UNESCO World Heritage-listed castle is a joy to behold. Lived in by sovereigns since the Middle Ages, the castle exudes royalty on every level. Gaze in awe at its architecture, built across seven centuries, and admire the famous horseshoe staircase that leads from the castle’s palatial doors.
Your guide will guide you inside the castle to bring up to life this unique place, the Château de Fontainebleau which can proudly claim to have been a sovereign residence for eight centuries, where all members of French ruling dynasties, have lived within these walls.
There are more than 1,500 rooms comprising elaborate dining halls, galleries and ballrooms, not to mention 130 hectares (321 acres) of parks and gardens. Wander over to the beautiful Pavilion on Fontainebleau’s famous Carp Pond, or stroll through the English Garden – lined with pristine lawns, shrubs and trees.
After approximately 2.5 hours of exploring this magnificent site, sit back and relax for your relaxing journey back, in the company of your driver/guide who will escort you back to the door of your Paris Hotel or Apartement.
- Half-day trip to the UNESCO-listed Château de Fontainebleau, outside Paris
- Guided walking tour of the palace with your private guide
- Enjoy personalized attention from your expert guide
- Admire varying architectural styles that date back to the 12th century
- Explore lavishly decorated rooms and stroll through the Fontainebleau Gardens
- Tour starts from our agency close to the Eiffel Tower
The price includes:
- Pickup and drop-off from your Paris hotel
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with Driver/Guide
- Private licensed tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
The price does not includes:
- Food and Drinks