The popping of corks has long heralded parties around the world and now you have a chance to celebrate one of France’s most iconic drinks with a visit to the Champagne region where it all began. You will leave Paris accompanied by your guide for a splendid day to discover the colourful vineyards which produce some of the world’s most prestigious wines.
In the morning you will visit the cellars of the Champagne House: Moët & Chandon. You will travel through the stunning Montagne de Reims area, making a stop in the village of Hautvillers which is known as the ‘Craddle of Champagne’, made famous by the 18th century monk Dom Perignon.
In the afternoon you will have the chance to spend some free time in Reims, the capital of the Champagne Region where the kings of France were crowned for over 1000 years. Don’t miss the spectacular gothic cathedral which has 800 years of history having been made famous by the baptism of Clovis, the first king of France. Reims cathedral truly is one of the must-see monuments in the country! Finally you will visit a second famous Champagne house “Mumm” where you will learn about the science behind the ‘Nectar of Kings’. This is a must for all gourmands looking to explore the finer side of French viticulture.
- Full-day Champagne region tour from Paris with a guide
- Tour the House of Mumm Champagne cellars in Reims
- Sample Premium Champagne including GH Mumm's Cordon Rouge label
- Discover Hautvillers, where Dom Pérignon once lived
- Explore the chic Moet and Chandon Champagne cellars in Epernay
The price includes:
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Small group tour (maximum 15 participants)
- Entrance fees
The price does not includes: