This tour will give you the opportunity to see for yourself the profound marks left on the landscape and some of the cemeteries that attest to the human cost of the offensive; 300 days and nights of constant battles. One infantry soldier wrote, « If you haven’t seen Verdun, you haven’t seen anything ». It was not until the end of the war that the entire territory lost on February 1916 was finally recaptured thanks to a major attack by American Troops.
During this tour you will see the main highlights of the Battlefield of Verdun such as the Ossuary of Douaumont, you will explore Fort Douaumont, the Trench of Bayonets and the “London Trench” before heading to the Argonne. After lunch you will discover the part of the battlefields where General Pershing’s American Expeditionary Force got involved in the fighting in September 1918. You will also have some free time to explore the War Museum in Romagne, and of course the Meuse-Argonne US Cemetery, the largest US Cemetery in Europe with more than 14,000 graves.
- Day trip from Paris to WWI sites in Verdun and the greater regions of Meuse and Argonne
- Visit other famous WWI sites including Douaumont Ossuary, Fort of Douaumont and the Trench of Bayonets
- Pay your dues at the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery and Memorial, the largest US cemetery in Europe
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people to ensure a more personalized experience
The price includes:
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Lunch (sandwich or salad, dessert and a drink)
The price does not includes:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off